- Features:Featherweight webbing with Slimline buckle, Roll Cage™ Internal Reinforcement, Women's Series
- Construction: In-Mold Polycarbonate Shell with EPS Liner, Thermoformed SL Reinforcement
- Fit System: Roc Loc 5
- Ventilation: 26 Wind Tunnel vents with internal channeling
Although there is no difference between male and female head shapes other than a smaller average size, we offer women's specific models to keep up with the fashion forward kit found on the mountain. Finishing details and a sophisticated color palette set these models apart.
In-mold construction fuses a tough polycarbonate outer shell with the helmet’s impact-absorbing foam liner. The fusion process allows us to sculpt better ventilation systems, so In-mold helmets can be lighter and cooler than traditional helmets.
ROC LOC® 5
After more than two-years of development, Giro introduces Roc Loc 5. This groundbreaking fit system provides an entirely unique user experience with an unmatched level of comfort, stability, adjustability and weight savings. With Roc Loc 5, you can easily dial-in both fit tension and adjust vertical position with a single hand. Just twist the dial for a tighter feel on rough terrain, then back it off a notch and relax across the flats or a warm climb. Even with these remarkable features, Roc Loc 5 is still nearly 40-percent lighter than its popular predecessor, Roc Loc 4.
- Micro Dial: The heart of Roc Loc 5 is this ratcheting, micro-adjusting dial. A simple, two-finger twist of the Micro Dial opens or closes the retention system and each click is audible.
- Three-Position Bracket: It’s never been easier to change vertical positions and fine-tune fit. We incorporated a three-position bracket that features 15-millimeters of up/down movement. Like the Micro Dial, this system can be adjusted without removing the helmet. Carefully-crafted ergonomic arms are shaped to be as comfortable as possible, yet work flawlessly with Giro eyewear (what we call Super Fit engineering).
- Dual Pods: These two panels are designed to firmly grasp the back of your head while comfortably cradling the occipital lobe. Strap Baskets: With Roc Loc 5, your helmet straps are always right where you need them. Not to mention this strap basket brings a new level of comfort.
ROLL CAGE ™
Roll Cage reinforcement is a tough web of DuPont ® Nylon® molded inside a helmet’s EPS foam liner. It provides an extra measure of strength and integrity that you’ll never notice…unless you need it.
SUPER FIT™ ENGINEERING FOR BIKE HELMET
A great helmet is so comfortable that once it’s on, it virtually disappears. Our proprietary three-size Super Fit system is based on “human scale factors” data and over 20 years of crafting helmets for the best bike riders in the world. The result is pure Skull Hugging Luxury™, a helmet that fits 98% of the world’s population, yet looks (and fits) like it was custom made just for you.
This helmet conforms to, or exceeds EU Standards only.