- Suggested Use: Cycling helmet for Road Race, Triathlon, MTB XC Race, Cyclocross, Track Race, Enthusiast Road
- Features: Thermoformed SL Roll Cage reinforcement, Roc Loc 5 fit system,
- Construction: EPS liner, In-Mold Polycarbonate shell
- Fit System: Roc Loc® 5
- Ventilation: 24 Wind Tunnel vents
WIND TUNNEL™ VENTILATION
Giro helmets are developed utilizing our proprietary Wind Tunnel™ ventilation system, which combines active vents with internal exhaust channels that thrust cool, fresh air over and around the riders head-while forcing heat and stale air out. This significant increase in air channeling makes a difference that riders will immediately feel and appreciate.
Our in-mold construction process fuses the helmet’s outer shell with its impact-absorbing EPS liner during the molding process, making the liner literally a part of the helmet. This fusion process reinforces areas around vents and ribs, creating a one-piece ‘exoskeleton’ that allows the helmet to be lighter, more durable, and better ventilated than traditional designs.
SUPER FIT™ ENGINEERING FOR BIKE HELMET
A great helmet is so comfortable that once it’s on, it virtually disappears. Our proprietary three-size Super Fit system is based on “human scale factors” data and over 20 years of crafting helmets for the best bike riders in the world. The result is pure Skull Hugging Luxury™, a helmet that fits 98% of the world’s population, yet looks (and fits) like it was custom made just for you.
ROC LOC® 5
After more than two-years of development, Giro introduces Roc Loc 5. This groundbreaking fit system provides an entirely unique user experience with an unmatched level of comfort, stability, adjustability and weight savings. With Roc Loc 5, you can easily dial-in both fit tension and adjust vertical position with a single hand. Just twist the dial for a tighter feel on rough terrain, then back it off a notch and relax across the flats or a warm climb. Even with these remarkable features, Roc Loc 5 is still nearly 40-percent lighter than its popular predecessor, Roc Loc 4.
- Micro Dial: The heart of Roc Loc 5 is this ratcheting, micro-adjusting dial. A simple, two-finger twist of the Micro Dial opens or closes the retention system and each click is audible.
- Three-Position Bracket: It’s never been easier to change vertical positions and fine-tune fit. We incorporated a three-position bracket that features 15-millimeters of up/down movement. Like the Micro Dial, this system can be adjusted without removing the helmet. Carefully-crafted ergonomic arms are shaped to be as comfortable as possible, yet work flawlessly with Giro eyewear (what we call Super Fit engineering).
- Dual Pods: These two panels are designed to firmly grasp the back of your head while comfortably cradling the occipital lobe. Strap Baskets: With Roc Loc 5, your helmet straps are always right where you need them. Not to mention this strap basket brings a new level of comfort.
This helmet conforms to, or exceeds EU Standards only.