The reference rear Wheel-Tyre System for time trial and triathlon
Aerodynamics and weight are the key factors for this Wheel-Tyre System. The lenticular flanges create negative drag under some wind conditions, boosting speed. The High Modulus carbon fibre flanges decrease weight and inertia and deliver faster acceleration. Now with the new superlight Yksion Pro tyre.
Weight : 1100 grams (Rear without tyre)
There are currently no questions and answers for this product.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
SSC Wheel-Tyre System: the pros choice
Save time thanks to exceptional aerodynamics
Boost acceleration thanks to low weight
Inter Spoke Milling
An exclusive Mavic patented concept, ISM involves the machining of the lower bridge of the rim between each spoke hole to create a light and rigid rim without reducing the durability of the rim.
- Up to 40 grams lighter for easier climbing
- Low inertia for effortless acceleration
Low rolling resistance
A rear tyre, whether a clincher or a tubular, must fully liberate the wheel’s ability to transfer power and generate speed. Therefore, PowerLink tyres are optimized for rear wheel use, by minimizing the rolling resistance.
- Superior energy transfer, reduced rolling resistance and safe grip thanks to optimized tread pattern
- Improved drive: light and supple high density casing
- Higher durability and reduced risk of flats: nylon anti-puncture breaker
Force Transfer System Light
Reinforcement of key transmission components: the contact area between the pawl and the hub body is reinforced by 2 stainless steel inserts, which allows the use of a 100% aluminum hub body.
- Greater efficiency due to better transmission of efforts on the entire wheel
- Lightweight and strong hub design
Qualité de Roulements Mavic +
Our most demanding level. Those cartridge bearings are of course double sealed with C3 internal clearance, and toped with a micro-adjustability system.
- Tight tolerances for high rolling efficiency
- Quick adjustment according to performance goals: precision "free" adjustment for maximum fluidity, or perfect high precision setting for all-weather rides
Light and strong
Exclusive to Mavic, this specific aluminum alloy offers a higher strength to weight ratio than conventional 6106 alloy.
- 30% more resistant rims
- Lighter rims
Recommended tyre sizes: 21 to 28 mm
Asymmetrical walls: convex paracular (drive side) and lenticular (non drive side)
Unidirectional and honeycomb weave, high modulus carbon fiber
6106 aluminum rim body
Brake track: Exalith
ETRTO size: 28" tubular
Recommended tyre sizes: 18 to 22 mm
Rear body: aluminum
Axle material: aluminum
Adjustable sealed cartridge bearings
Freewheel: FTS-L steel
Yksion Pro PowerLink
Rear Tread: Single Compound
Casing: 210 TPI
Max. Pressure: 23mm 11 bars - 160 PSI
BR601 Quick Release
Exalith brake pads
Multifonction adjustment wrench
ASTM CATEGORY 1 : road only
For a longer longevity of the wheel, Mavic recommends that the total weight supported by the wheels doesn't exceed 120kg, bike included