Now Mavic have gone all in on carbon clinchers – switching to a full carbon rim, updating the 25mm-deep Ksyrium Pro Carbon SL C and introducing the 40mm-deep Cosmic Pro Carbon SL C. If you’re not familiar, Mavic’s Cosmic and Ksyrium ranges cover a number of wheelsets, with the Cosmic line being pitched as ‘fast and light’, combining low weight and aerodynamics, while the Ksyrium line of ‘endurance road wheels’ are designed to marry durability, reliability and performance.
So fast it needs the best braking.
With the heavy influx of road riders converting to disc brakes in recent years, it’s no wonder Mavic has released their new disc brake line, which boasts major improvements in both stopping ability and durability when compared to other rim brakes. Not only do disc brakes provide greater stopping power in every condition, but are also more reliable when it comes to braking.
The most dynamic ride thanks to low weight, low inertia and high lateral stiffness
- 1565g per wheelset
- Superlight carbon clincher rims (450g each) makes for the lowest inertia of the category for instant acceleration
- 18 spokes front, 24 rear for increased lateral stiffness and integral power transfer
Aero for high speed in all conditions
- 40mm rim profile adopting a NACA profile for lower drag
- 26mm wide for perfect tyre integration and better handling in all conditions
High and safe braking efficiency
- Unique single carbon layer wrapping of the rim bed (no machining, no fiber cuts)
- TgMax means high resistance to braking heat (up to 200°C)
- Shortest braking distance, wet or dry, thanks to the brake track patented laser etching